Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"Lead in a Rock"

I awoke to these words of Job for the last two mornings and have felt compelled to write of the certainty of the Resurrection.

We find ourselves at that time of year again when everyone focuses upon "Easter" - chocolate bunnies, colored eggs, and pretty new dresses and bonnets, well at least when I was a kid that was the day all the ladies wore new hats to church. And of course we could hear Bing Crosby on the radio crooning away, "In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it. . . ." Well enough of that.

I'd rather focus upon Resurrection. The Disciples had no problem from religious authorities as long as when speaking of Jesus, they did not mention resurrection. But when they spoke of the victorious Lord who came out of the grave, well, that is when all the furry of unbelief was raised upon the Lord's followers.

It is Resurrection that people object to today. In fact anything biblically supernatural is rebuffed. Man will accept the wildest idea from the uncertain, but to accept resurrection from the Scriptures is thought foolish. Sad.

Job's words were great words of assurance and testimony. It is as though he stops abruptly in his argument and makes a profound statement of faith, for his own reassurance. But the reassurance also belongs to the many generations of believers who follow.

JOB 19:23-27
23 "Oh, that my words were written! Oh, that they were inscribed in a book! 24 That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! 25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God, 27 Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!


His words are written in a book that never will vanish away. And his confidence is absolute though written with a prophetic eye some thousands of years into the future. Profound indeed the thought that death is not the end of all, but rather the beginning! Upon the believers death he shall see his Redeemer!

But what catches my attention is his last sentence, “How my heart years within me.” At this Resurrection holiday, my God grant to us a yearning heart to one day be with our Lord and to see Him face to face! That is the certainty of Job’s testimony, it came out of his very heart!

What catches your heart today my friend? May it be this: I know that my Redeemer lives, and one day should death claim this mortal body, I too shall rise to meet my Redeemer, and ever be with my Lord. With that kind of hope, what can today bring that could possibly derail our faith? Nothing!

Have a wonderful day serving our Wonderful Lord, by Grace Alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home