Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Thursday, January 19, 2006

It is His Delight!

Who is a pardoning God like Thee, or who has grace so full and free, or who has grace so full and free?

This is the chorus of perhaps my favorite hymn. To think that the One to whom we are responsible to obey, would look upon us with such favor is mind boggling to me. The Bible tells me that when He loved me, I had no pleasure in Him. When He moved in grace to me, I moved away. When He extended pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, I refused His kindnesses.

Yet He drew me, and conquered me, to make me His own. When I deserved none of His grace, He delighted to send me His mercy, and overcame my stubborn, rejection of His salvation and saved my soul! Praise Him! Praise Him ! Jesus our Blessed Redeemer.

Micah speaks of such Mercy in Micah 7:18-19 - Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

The very fact that you and I are children of God my friend is not because we finally came to our senses and trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ, but because He delights to show pardon and mercy!

There is another song that comes to mind. I've found a Friend, oh, such a Friend! He loved me ere I knew Him; He drew me with the cords of love, And thus He bound me to Him. And round my heart still closely twine Those ties which nought can sever; For I am His, and he is mine, Forever and forever. Listen to the last verse, He continues to show us mercy after we have come to Him. I've found a Friend, oh, such a Friend! So kind, and true, and tender, So wise a counsellor and guide, So mighty a defender. From Him who loves me now so well What power my soul can sever? Shall life, or death, or earth, or hell? No-- I am His forever.

And my dear friend, we have only found Him because He has drawn us by He wondrous mercy, love, and grace. How very wonderfully precious He is!

Oh, I praise you Lord, grant us mercy, grant us mercy!

Have a wonderful day serving our Wonderful Lord, by Grace Alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home