Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What is man?

Good Morning Everyone,

I was sent the following web address from a friend and I must share it. At the bottom of the page is a link to more outstanding photos. Be sure to visit those as well. http://www.missouriskies.org/rainbow/february_rainbow_2006.html

As you view these spectacular pictures, pan through some verses like the following, and meditate on the grandeur of the Creator who spoke and the universe came into being.

Psalm 8:3-4 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars also.

Deuteronomy 4:14, 19 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it. . . . And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Psalm 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by [their] names.

Jeremiah 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name:

Amos 5:8 [Seek him] that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD [is] his name:

Psalm 92:4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

Psalm 19:1-6 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [There is] no speech nor language, [where] their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, Which [is] as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, [and] rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth [is] from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

Genesis 9:13-14, 16 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: . . . And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that [is] upon the earth.


Have a wonderful day severing our Wonderful Lord, by Grace Alone!

1 Comments:

Blogger MLH said...

Bup...Wow. Psalm 147...Just sitting here contemplating how finite I am and that verse just gave me a peace that my finite wisdom is what it is and He that calls the stars by name shall have His will reign and His wisdom rule and I should find contentment in all such things. Not saying it's easy but it should be my focus. Thanks for being the obedient vessel once again. I am sure a "well done..." is coming your way. love the liberal one.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home