Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Saturday, June 02, 2007

What A Wonderful Creation!

Good Morning Everyone! Isn't wonderful to awaken to a new day of service for the King?

I have been thinking of Creation. Moses begins to tell us of the history of all things with these words; "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth!" That is a startling statement. Nothing existed, and before any beginning began, God spoke, and out of nothing, He created the heavens and the earth.

Of course, as you continue to read you find the creative work of God during the 6 days of creation. Day 1 - heavens and earth, light and darkness; Day 2 - The Sky; Day 3 - Dry land, the sea and vegetation; Day 4 - The sun, the moon, and the stars; Day 5 - living creatures in the water, birds in the air; Day 6 - Land animals and people. And of course it was good, even very good, so on Day 7 God rested.

Consider this with me, on this still, calm, peaceful morning, and I trust it will remain that way; we accept and even fight for this creative work of God. We argue that God spoke and all things came into being. God did it all. Nothing in creation had anything to do with it’s being created. Nothing oozed into existence. Praise the Lord!

Now in Ephesians 2:8-10 Paul says:

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them
.

Why is our salvation by grace through faith, and not of ourselves? Because we are created in Christ. Salvation is the creative work of our Savior and Lord. To the Corinthians he wrote in 2 Cor. 5:17
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature (or new creation): old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.


Know this my friend, just as the bird, that is singing sweet praise to the Creator outside my window this morning, had NOTHING to do with his creation, I have had nothing to do with being a new creature in Christ Jesus! He stirred my heart, he convicted me of sin, he opened my ears and heart to the Gospel message, and brought me to faith so that I would believe. And ALL that I can say about it is “GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST! Praise the name of Jesus! Thank you Lord for saving my soul!”

If you have never trusted the Savior, you need to. The Bible tells us that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” The Bible says the only remedy for sin is Christ - “Jesus said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me!” “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!” And when you do come to the Savior with faith believing know this, it is all of HIS grace!

I love Charlotte Homer‘s old hymn “He Lifted Me!” Here are a couple of verses and the chorus that speak of our Savior Creator.

In lovingkindness Jesus came
My soul in mercy to reclaim,
And from the depths of sin and shame
Through grace he lifted me.

He called me long before I heard,
Before my sinful heart was stirred,
But when I took him at his word,
Forgiv'n he lifted me.

From sinking sand he lifted me,
With tender hand he lifted me,
From shades of night to plains of light,
Oh, praise his name, he lifted me!


Have a wonderful day serving our Wonderful Lord, by Grace Alone!

2 Comments:

Blogger MLH said...

I can't wait to see God's creation in Maine once again. See you on Friday Sept 21...be there in time for dinner. chicken corn soup?

3:21 PM  
Blogger MLH said...

Thanks for the syrup. I just heard on the 700 club that real maple syrup is good for your heart--has zinc and maganese which keep your arteries from hardening. So bring on the flapjacks.
Keep the Good Word coming!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home