Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Prayer is on my mind!

Good Morning Everyone,

I don't know if the man is still alive, but there was an announcer on the radio back in PA where I grew up that used to say; "It's another beautiful day in Pennsylvania!" It could have been raining cats and dogs, or a blizzard outside, but his saying was always the same. Well it truly is a beautiful morning here in Maine. I love this time of day, all is still, the only sounds are the birds tuning up for their daily concerts. It is a good time to think of the things of God.

Try getting up early. It may take a while for your biological clock to adjust, but after a short time it will become so very good to have this time alone with the Lord.

Well, prayer is on my mind this morning. What a great privilege as a child of God. Oh, I know, there are some who say anyone can pray. Even doctors are now recommending it for therapy of one sort or another. But what does the Bible say as to who has the privilege of prayer, and what does the Bible say about answers to prayer.

THE BIBLE SAYS in James 5:16. . . The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much . I believe that it is important for believers, as the old preachers used to say, "to be on praying ground." That simply means to have your sins confessed and walking with the Lord as you should biblically. Job 27:8-9 8 For what [is] the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul? 9 Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?

THE BIBLE SAYS in Proverbs 15:29 The LORD [is] far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. AND THE BIBLE SAYS IN John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. That is pretty clear. God hears the prayers of His People, not sinners.

THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS in Psalm 66:16-20 16 Come [and] hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. 17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. 18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]: 19 [But] verily God hath heard [me]; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. 20 Blessed [be] God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. The word regard in verse 18 means to look after and give attention to. That is the approach of the unbeliever naturally, and also of the believer from time to time, if he is not walking with the Lord. Listen to the words of Matthew Henry: Sin, regarded in the heart, will spoil the
comfort and success of prayer; for the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to
the Lord
.

THE BIBLE SAYS this to husbands in 1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. HEY GUYS, WAKE UP! Don't expect your prayers to be answered if you are not treating your wife with dignity, respect, gentleness, and love! I have heard a lot of men pray for their children, but few pray for their wives. I have heard a lot of men pray for their children, but treat their wives in a very demeaning way. Don't expect God to do for your children what you are praying if you are not treating your wife biblically. Keep this in mind guys, your lady suffered, and shed her own blood, and would have died to bring your child into this world! You cannot love your children as you should without loving their mother first! You want to be a man? Well, be a man the way God says to be a man! And just because you have no children does not take away the requirement. I better move on.

Now in closing let me say this. You can say all you want about prayer. The doctor can tell you to pray because it is good for you. The unsaved man may say, I pray. But WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY? The Lord hears His Children. The Lord does not hear the prayer of the unsaved person. The Lord will not hear the prayer of His child who has not confessed sin.

THE BIBLE SAYS in Psalm 143:1 Hear my prayer , O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, [and] in thy righteousness. Psalm 91:14-15 15 Because he hath set his love upon me , therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me , and I will answer him: I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Here is our lesson. We know that God answers prayer, not because we have experienced answers to prayer, but because He says in His Word He will answer prayer! Pray, and Trust His Word!

Have a wonderful day serving our Wonderful Lord, by Grace Alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home