Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Friday, August 19, 2005

Good Morning Everyone,

Colosians 3:1-4 is a passage that gives great security. There is certainty in Paul's words. Listen to them: 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. I say security because the word "if" is not to be understood as a possibility, but as reality. Some translate it "Since ye are risen with Christ, seek. . . ."

One of the thoughts that come to mind is if I am risen to somewhere, I must first of all be dead to something. I think these verses may help us. Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Resurrection, to the presence of God, is assured for the believer because at the moment we are saved by, God's wonderful grace, our resurrection is assured as if it has already taken place.

In our Colossians text, the way "risen" is used, tells us, at the point we were saved, we became the objects of this resurrection power of God which guarantees our being raised to the presence of God "above." HEAVEN IS ABSOLUTELY SURE IF YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD!

Now SINCE we are raised, live with a heavenly mindset. Seek things above, Set your affections, or your mind, on things of God. Why? Because you are dead and your life is secured in the treasure house of God's grace with Chirst.

You see, the security of the believer rests on more than "Once saved always saved." The security of the believer rests completely upon the One who not only died to save us, but who lives to grant resurrection for us. And that gives me great confidence for today's tasks. No matter what comes my way, I am secure, safe, and guaranteed heaven too!

Now what is the lesson? Verse 4. When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. We need to understand that the Lord deserves more than just first place. If He only has first place, who has second place, or third place, etc...? When we became believers we did not just add Christ to our lives, Christ became "my life!" Paul said, for me to live is Christ!

So as you go about your life today remember, the life you are living as a believer is secured IN Christ. I like the way the old gospel song put it: "New life in Christ, abundant and free, what glories shine, what joys are mine, what wondrous blessings I see. My past with it's sin, the searching and strife, forever gone there's a bright new dawn, for in Christ I have found new life!" I am as good as being in heaven right now!

Growing up back in Western PA, I used to listen to the Apollo, PA Christian radio station. There was a broadcaster who used to say, "The future is just as bright as the promises of God!" It may have been Sy West. That is still true today. I put it this way: The difficulties of today pale in the brightness of God's promised tomorrow!

Be safe, be secure, be trusting in our Lord and Savior. Heaven is just around the corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home