Name:
Location: Camden, Maine, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Good Morning,

These words of Peter were on my mind when I awoke this morning. Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

It is really a comfort to know that there is only one way of salvation as opposed to many. If we all could go our own way to reach salvation, who would define what salvation is? For that matter who would define what we were being saved from, or unto what were we being saved, or who should be thanked for salvation, or basically why does anyone need salvation anyway? And isn't that what it all comes down to? Salvation is not the message that mankind wants, so one way of disposing of it is to make it palatable for everyone.

We are naturally opposed to anything that God demands. I was in my first church, Calvary Baptist in Harford, NY, where I experienced this first hand. I had been out visiting in our village and came to the home of an elderly lady. She was a very kind and gracious lady. As our conversation developed she said; "Isn't it wonderful that so many people are seeking after God?" Well, I couldn't let that go by so I responded; "I do not believe people are seeking after God, at least not the God of the Bible." After asking why I thought that way I shared Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. Her response was interesting; "Oh I cannot believe that! That is just not true!" Her "definition" of salvation was there were many ways, and what God said did not matter.

Let me leave you with this for this morning, It matters a great deal what God says! Proverbs 16:25 tells us, There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death. Jesus said in John 14, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father but by me.

The fact that there is only one way to salvation brings great comfort because I do not need to worry if I have found the right way. I just need to rest in what the Lord Jesus has done for me.

Trust His Word! Trust His Word! All God's promises are true, Trust His Word! When your pathway disappears, When your joy gives way to tears, When you're plagued with doubts and fears, Trust His Word! - Ron Hamilton

Have a wonderful day serving our Wonderful Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home